Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A Trying Triptych Triolet

Welcome to Day 23 of NaPoWriMo!  Today's prompt is a technically difficult poem to write: a trioletA triolet is an eight-line poem, following an ABaAabAB rhyming scheme.  All the lines are in iambic tetramenter (for a total of eight syllables per line), and the first, fourth, and seventh lines are identical, as are the second and final lines. This means that the poem begins and ends with the same couplet.

This is a BIG challenge for me since: I don't like rules; I don't like writing rules; I have to perform math.

Here is my effort for today, and perhaps some insight on my blog's name:




Doctor said there's one, there's two more,
In thirty one weeks and three days,
I will grow like never before.
Doctor said there's one, there's two more.
Three daughters I will soon adore,
Now we're entering a new phase.
Doctor said there's one! there's two more!
In thirty one weeks and three days.

- Jenn Mossholder, 31 and 3 Productions




No comments:

Post a Comment