Friday, April 12, 2013

NSFW: "I don’t have pet peeves...

...I have major psychotic fucking hatreds! - George Carlin

The writing prompt for Day 12 of NaPoWriMo at first glace to me, seemed like cake.  The prompt from the site reads, “write a poem consisting entirely of things you’d like to say, but never would, to a parent, lover, sibling, child, teacher, roommate, best friend, mayor, president, corporate CEO, etc.”

I can rant better than anyone about just about anything.  I am one of those people who has lists of pet peeves and collected enemies.  But, probably why I have so many enemies, is I have few things I am unwilling to verbalize.  As a woman in her 30s (hey, I will claim this every chance I get for the final 3 months), I am verging on "Andy Rooney Syndrome".  I am not confident in my ability, however, to put these rantings into any poetic form; prescribed or free form without it coming out manifesto in tone.

So, a cop out for Day 12.  I will leave you with these videos of Mr. George Carlin – his rants and tangents are pure, lyrical poetry:









No comments:

Post a Comment