Thursday, April 18, 2013

Rain Day


DAY 18 - I am losing more readers as this experiment continues.  I think I am the Ambassador for "Why You Should Hate Poorly Written Poetry Month."

Today's prompt is to start and end a poem with same word.  I wrote a couple different ones, being inspired by the Spring rain we have today.  (Inspired/aka "being rained on while arguing with husband unit at Lowe's". I truly wonder how many partnerships dissolve in home improvement stores.  They should do a study.)

watching the rain drops tumble and drip
in slow motion along the windowpane
i see the cat in the garden watching

* * *

sing, as you have never sung before
loudly to the birds in the trees
watching you as they sing

* * *

waiting by the door for my love to return
she tossed me a bone before locking the house
and here i on the rug waiting

-Jenn Mossholder, 31 and 3 Productions

4 comments:

  1. I like these! So simple and potent. Also, I like your preface with its note about your inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Your poem for today was very good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this one too. You're very good at this.
    I think poets just need to be a little more bold in their marketing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Poetry does get a bad rap. People either think it snooty or low brow.

    ReplyDelete