Thursday, May 2, 2013

Led Zep I

When I was 13 I went through a pretty heavy Led Zeppelin phase.  Bought all the vinyl I could and when I was out of funds, I would rent the records from the local library.  With the nice weather lately, I have been out getting my vegetable garden ready for Spring and Summer and have been listening to some tunes.  One of the selections has been "Led Zeppelin I".  I no longer own a turntable and all of the vinyl I do have are my mother's old 45s collection.  I could blather on how I miss the scratchy record sounds and skips, but this is poetry entry, of sorts.

I noticed that all the first lines in "LZI" are a type of love/hate/lust poem when combined into one grouping.  So, mostly from my memory, I compiled them here, below, and present them to you as a poem, even though we are done with NaPoWriMo for the year.



Led Zeppelin I -

In the days of my youth, I was told what it means to be a man.
Babe, baby, baby, I'm gonna leave you.
You know you shook me, you shook me all night long.
Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true.
Lyin', cheatin', hurtin, That's all you seem to do.
Hey, girl, stop what you're doin'!
I, I can't quit you, baby
So I'm gonna put you down for a while
How many more times, treat me the way you wanna do?
How many more times, treat me the way you wanna do?
When I give you all my love, please, please be true.

First Lines Poem (all materials are attributed to the band and are not my original work)


No comments:

Post a Comment