Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tea Rex

I would never invite a T-rex to tea,
it would cause too much anxiety.

The tiny cups he would lose in his claw
so he'd have to use a bendy straw.

I would never invite a T-rex to tea,
he would eat all the doilies.

The thought of him
with clotted cream running down his chin
is much too grim
to bear.

I would never invite a T-rex to tea,
for fear he would eat me.

His arms are much too short
to reach the linzer torte.

I would never invite a T-rex to tea,
they are as foreboding as the sea.

He would be cute
in a navy sailor suit
and his cowboy boots.

So perhaps I would invite a T-rex to tea,
it would be an interesting opportunity.

-Jenn Mossholder, 31 and 3 Productions

###


Never say never writing prompt: First, finish this sentence: "I would never do [BLANK]." Then write 3-5 lines describing a situation in which you would, and why.  Oh, WordNerdGirl, you have made me think silly thoughts this Thursday!





No comments:

Post a Comment