Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Happy 15th Birthday!



I love you.  

I have loved you before I even met you. 

I loved you when you and I shared the same body, our hearts beating in close proximity.  

I loved you when you came roaring into this world, becoming your own person, no longer a part of my physical body but forever a part of my psyche. 

I loved you through the good times and the bad.  

I have especially loved you during your transformation into your true self.  

Your life path is not an easy one and I am in daily wonder how you face it with grace and humor. 

There are tears.  

There is anger and disappointment.  

There is love.  

Above all this is love. 

I loved you when you wore sparkly red slippers and feather boas and I love you the same with your combat boots and bow ties.  

My love for you will never waver.  

My admiration for your strength and convictions, however, grows stronger with each passing test of character.  

I wish you the happiest of birthdays with many, many more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment